All eligible students at Skyline High School, regardless of income, who meet all the criteria listed below have the opportunity to receive reimbursement for the unpaid balance of the cost of tuition and general fees, subject to legislative appropriation, for a period of 48 months after high school; completion of 105% of the hours required for the program; or receipt of an associate’s degree to any Missouri public community college, vocatIonal or technical school after federal post-secondary financial assistance funds have been applied. This is contingent upon the student meeting ALL of the following requirements:
1. Attend a designated A+ high school for three years immediately prior to gradation.(Students who are active duty military dependents and students who are dependents of retired military personnel who relocated to Missouri within one year of the date of retirement from active duty are excused from this provision if the student attends a designated A+ school in the school year immediately preceding graduation and has met all other eligibility requirements.)
2. Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent on another scale.
3. Have at least a 95% average attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
4. Perform 50 hours of unpaid school-based tutoring or mentoring for other students, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
5. Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs or alcohol.
6. Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, achieve a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I EOC exam or the equivalent level on a higher level DESE approved EOC, or a qualifying score, as established annually by the coordinating board for higher education, on the COMPASS exam or the mathematics component of the ACT Test.
7. Perform all other duties and obligations required by state law to eligible for and receive the benefits of the A+ program.
a. Make a documented, good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary student funds that do not require repayment (i.e. must complete the FAFSA form the last semester of a student’s senior year and every year using A+ funds).
b. Male students must register for Selective Service and show proof of such registration.